06 February, 2011

Love Nest Quilt Contest

Annemarie of Gen X Quilters is having a Love Nest Quilt Contest and I thought I'd join in. I've entered my(well, actually Austin's) Starry Sensations quilt (see this post).This was the 2009 International Friendship Quilters (IFQ) BOM. Most of the fabric came from my stash. I only had to buy the navy background and a little of the light gold fabric. Each month we used a different technique with lots of little tricks of the trade. One of the months we ended up with some extra blocks after making the main one. I haven't decided what I'll use these for yet.

Head over to Gen X Quilters and check out some of the other entries. There's quite a selection of lovely quilts to see.

2 comments:

AnneMarie said...

Great quilt Christine! It look very much like a quilt a boy would enjoy.

Thanks for entering your quilt in the Love Nest Quilt Contest and best of luck!

Willunga Quilters said...

Hi, I was once a member of IFQ & I decided to make the Starry Sensations Quilt. I am not sure what happened but I fell away from quilting shortly after beginning this quilt & haven't done any sewing for years. I am now inspired to pick up where I left off. Unfortunately I have many unfinished projects & this quilt is one of them. I have only 4 months instructions & I wondered if you might be able to give me the other months please. I packed the bits & pieces away for this quilt, not realising I didn't have all the BOM patterns. Thankyou.
Sharon Hancock (Australia)